Photobucket

07 February 2011

makeshift studio

so, my photography wish list does not fit my poor college student budget very well. 

it forces me to get creative with resources, before I can get creative with photography.


the planning



my makeshift "studio" in my basement:
 black sheet
two hanging florescent lights, placed precariously on chairs
one high powered flashlight

Not the best setup, but....not too bad for a DIY project.

the results 

(as a disclaimer : I'm sorry all these pictures are of me, but...being an only child, I REALLY don't have anybody else to photograph. I don't mean to be vain, I just don't have anybody else)
(side note : come over and I can practice on you!!) 

 baha, my attempt at a "serious model face"

 vintagey, spaced out look. heh.





I don't usually go for the "horror" look, but this is actually the same picture, flipped and overlayed. so, it's a nifty symmetrical-but-not-type thing. 

-------------

After doing this, it's just reinforced my love of this type of photography. 






4 comments:

Ooooh, I love the studio pics!! And you're soooo beautiful! I seriously want to come over and have you take some pictures of me (and maybe I'll look that pretty)!! haha =]
Great job, and I especially like the vintage one. :)

i love your creative "attempts" (and they are much more than attempts)!! the horror one is...scary. quite. for some reason it makes me think Harry Potter though :P

A studio is a great idea...are you going to leave it up or was this just an assignment?

Yes! Come over! But, we don't need lighting to take pretty pictures of you. :)

Leave it up. =] In fact, I'm going to make it even better and permanent, by mounting the lights and such.

This wasn't for an assignment, it was just for myself. :P I definitely didn't do homework yesterday. heh.

I'd have to say my favorite is the first one. You totally pull off the model look. ;)