Photobucket

17 July 2011

Emma

What I'm reading? Emma by Jane Austen. (yes, I'm reading it on iBooks too. It's not as awful as I would have thought. It's really easy to read on the screen and it's nice being so portable)


Why pray tell, am I re-reading Emma? No, not just for fun. It's because another play is coming up! They're doing Emma and auditions are in September.  

I am a HUGE fan of Emma. I think it's because I can identify with her more than other characters.
High-spirited, stubborn, matchmaker, at times insensitive to others (more often then I'd like to admit), a dislike of being chastised (albeit necessary) and general conviction of me always thinking I'm right. (heh, working on that one) 


I'm trying to figure out what I want to audition with. Not necessarily something from Emma, either the book or the movie. Any ideas would be much appreciated. 



Alright- I'm off to sort / edit photos from a wedding I shot last week. 
Drinking coffee always seems to help with that. Perhaps I'll watch a movie too.  

I'm SO happy I don't have to work tomorrow! That probably means that I'll unfortunately stay up far later then I should.



5 comments:

Ahh! AAAHHHH!

I.AM.SO.EXCITED. praying, praying, praying that we get parts together, dear. :) :) :)

I've no brilliant suggestions for audition pieces at the moment, unfortunately. if I did, I'd use it myself. ;P

is this the first time you've read Emma, or have you before?

Yes yes!
Haha, wellllllll hopefully we won't have the same audition piece. ;) We very nearly did last time. At least, same characters.

No, I read it a LONG time ago.

no no, same story. but you read a part from Diana, and I had one of Anne's parts.

sooo, not quite the same. ;)

ahh ok. I'm giving Cassie a hard time and telling her to read it. hehe

*Actually*, my piece had dialogue from both Diana AND Anne. ;)

SO, more the same than you remember. ;P

Oh yes! She is NOT getting away with not reading the ACTUAL story again!!

Goodness I'm reading it!!! goshhh I don't want to go through another of being tormented for not reading the book :P and I'm SO EXCITED!!! Praying hard we all get parts! :)