Photobucket

18 February 2011

from the west to the east

From the west to the east, I have flown to be near you
I have come all this way to be close, to be here with you
And now, all my heart I will lay down precisely at your feet  
Love Letter to Japan - by The Bird And The Bee 
 I've had that song stuck in my head all day, but also I wanted to share this incredible video! It's "The Twelve Girls Band" performing a cover of Coldplay's "Clocks" using only traditional Chinese instruments.  
It's unlike any cover you've ever heard, and a beautiful mixture of the western and eastern cultures. :) :) 






Also, tonight I went outside and froze just to get this picture.
(for the today being incredibly warm, I was horribly shocked by the coldness of the evening. seriously. heh)

4 comments:

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

That picture...how? Just, HOW?! It's astounding.

(forgive me--I have this thing for the moon because I can never see it well unless I put on my glasses--stupid near-sightedness)

Your camera is amazing. You are amazing.

I LOVE that picture! It's amazing how you can get such a breath-taking shot by just showing the basic detail of a full moon! I guess I'll see you around somewhere... maybe :D

Later,
Elijah

Ahh that song was amazing!! I really liked it... you're right, it's unlike anything I've ever heard before. So cool!!

And that picture looks like it came out of a calender. It's beautiful!!! All that freezing coldness was worth it. :)

Hahah, I think I take the moon for granted. I need to find a love for it again...because, I just think that picture is 'ehhh'.
(I think this stems from my childhood...;P because I grew up looking at the moon and stars through telescopes...so, in a way, I'm "used" it it and no longer "wonder" at it.) <yes, that's my theory.

Cassie, isn't it though?!? AH! I love listening to it.

Hehe, thanks...yeah...today was freezing cold too. Sheesh, as a photographer I should live down south or something. :P