Photobucket

13 December 2010

'tis the season



Snow is on the ground and stores are jam packed with holiday decorations and gift deals.
The 'Christmas Spirit' is all around and people go around humming Deck the Halls.

Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la, la la la la
Then, why don't I feel jolly?


Typically I enjoy Christmas music as soon as Thanksgiving passes, and I fully enjoy all the festivities through the whole month. But not this year.

When I hear Christmas music (unless it's purely instrumental) I change the station and I avoid watching any of the usually fun holiday movies.



I feel like such a Grinch. (although, I love that cartoon! That is one that has made my 'acceptable' list this year) Hehe. In fact, most movies I despise are Christmas movies, like Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life.

But of course, thankfully movies and carols aren't what Chrismas is truly about- so it's not a big deal that I'm not really enjoying them this year. ;)

Well, hopefully I'll get over my anti-Christmas attitude.

But, Christmas break is here! Finals are over, and I am more than glad of it.
I'm one to freak out if I don't get 100% on everythig.  So earlier today when all my grades came back, and I saw a lone B (amongst A's)- I freaked out.

Over-achieving homeschooler that I am, I thought that getting a less than perfect grade was a sign of failure. (see previous posts on fear of failure)


But, after my parent's consoled me and convinced me that a B grade is still above average....and that I did just fine, the panic stopped. Now, I'm just happy that I passed all my classes with generally flying colors. Thank you, Jesus!

1 comments:

reminded me of Charlie Brown... =)
i just wanted to say it's been pretty awesome reading your blog! it's very real and something i can relate to, but it still has a light side. and most important, you always seem to keep sight of the most important things...
very cool. keep blogging, ok?
DrJ