Photobucket

15 April 2011

baking adventure

I love to cook, but admittedly I'm not much of a baker. 
(although, I've always wanted to be) 

For a "ladies tea" at our church tomorrow, I had to make some sort tea accompaniment. 

I chose scones.  Yet, I don't usually like scones.

So, why scones? Well, because I've always read about them in the Redwall books and I wanted to feel British by making and eating them.  (heehee)

photo documentation of my experience. (cell phones are uber handy!)

Handy-dandy recipe found online

Getting all the ingredients together so I feel as if I'm on a tv show.

flouuuuuuur! (and sugar and salt...)


yeah, so I skipped a few steps photo-wise and went straight to them cut out and laid on the sheet.


 halfway baked! I also discovered that our oven glass is too dirty to take pictures through. :P 



TA-DA!


They taste fantastic, if I do say so myself. 
In fact, I don't even have to say it. My dad (an incredible chef who's been all around the world) loved them...and that's saying something. =] 

5 comments:

oh my gosh i'm so hungry!! they look uh-MAZ-ing!

(and way to throw in a little "well my dad travel all over the world to cook" boast in there ;P)

Psh, I did that to give my scones and my baking ability some credibility! ;p

hehe i'm kidding, gosh girl you work as a cook at the Naz... you've already got credibitility. ;)