Photobucket

13 June 2011

rocketeer

let's flyyy, where we go we don't need a road, where stop oh nobody knows 

I love it when people cover songs, because sometimes the original gets old and boring and it's refreshing to hear a new take on a song. 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finals are over! Annnnd, I can deal with a 3.7GPA. Not too bad for being gone an entire week before finals, and not always "putting my heart" into my projects. heh. I've left my over-achieving, home-schooled-self back in high school. ;) 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This past Saturday I was third shooter (yeah, there were three of us), for my first "real/big" wedding.  It was an experience, and solidified my belief that I do not want to be a wedding photographer. 

Note : all photos were shot for Kester Imagery. Check out their work, it was a pleasure / honor to work with them!  


 Beautiful bride Sarah and husband Matt! 

Yes, I befriended the dog. 

such a fun lil' crowd


 cupcakes! AMAZING homemade cupcakes, I might add. 

gorgeous downtown "warehouse" venue, at sunset the light filtered in through the windows and hit the tables and flowers. 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No man can walk out on his own story.
Sometimes I fear that my life isn't going the way it "should" or something. Which is ridiculous, I know. God knows all, I cannot walk out of His will, I cannot walk out of my own story. 
(Yes, this is a quote from Rango) 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly, something unexpected happened. I took a friend's senior pictures, and she went to get them printed at Wal-Mart and they refused to give them to her after they were printed because they looked too professional and they were afraid of breaking copyrights. So, she contacted me and I had to sign a "Copyright Ownership Indemnification Agreement". (dun dun dunnn) Anyway, she shouldn't have a problem now since I've "released" the photos to be printed. 

I obviously know about photo copyrights and stuff, but this surprised me. I mean, from a photographer's standpoint it makes sense, and really I should be thankful for it. But, from just a friend's standpoint, I'm like "Psh!! Whatever". 

Although I must admit, I'm a little bit proud they thought that looked so professional that they couldn't give them out. ;P 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, that's all for now folks! Another certain friend is bugging me to get this post finished, so I thought I might as well wrap things up.  :P 


5 comments:

Loooove the song!!!
And 3.7?? sheeesh girl, I'd call that pretty homeschool-achieving unless you were hoping for a 4.0!! As for "putting you heart into projects... I know what you mean. College has taken it out of me. lol
And your pictures!!!! They're amazing!! Goodness girl don't be surprised at the professionalness of your photos... you are extremely talented!!
Wonderful post. ;) And I love how I'm mentioned anonymously at the end. (and yes--I did just look up how to spell anonymous)
:)

You should have been there at Wal*Mart the day I had to convince them that I was the artist of my own drawings. It's like "Look, I'm flattered and all, but seriously, can I copy these now?"

I love youuuuuuu :D

This post made me haaaappy. =) So you DID end up shooting the wedding...sweet! Good experience and all, even if it's not your thing, eh?

"No man can walk out on his own story." <--me like.

<3

You don't like wedding photography?!?! What kind of photography do you want to do?

Eeeee I get excited by the fact that I am mentioned anonymously in this too:) :) (Cassie, I already knew how to spell anonymous :P bwahaha.)

"No man can walk out on his own story." That completely makes sense. It's comforting, intriguing, and...rather author-like <3

Your photos are wonderful!!!! And, the whole cupcake thing seems to be a new fad. Which is hardly fair because I've liked cupcakes all my life:P

Love you, you fiery-red-haired person who is gorgeous and amazing <3