Photobucket

29 November 2010

Barbie and Blogs

prom·ise

[prom-is]  Show IPA
noun, verb, -ised, -is·ing.

-noun
1. a declaration that something will or will not be done, given, etc., by one
2. an express assurance on which expectation is to be based


Here I am, expressing assurance that I will indeed write in this blog, and keep up with it. 

I promise. ;)  

I loved Barbies growing up. (-gasp- yes, I was allowed to play with Barbies. *homeschool shun*)

 I had a whole bin full of the dolls, I had the pink cars, the furniture, even a small inflatable pool for Barbie and her friends. As I got older, my fascination with Barbies faded in and out. By the time I was 11, I really didn't play with them much. But, once in a while my (then) best friend and I would pull them out, and spend forever getting them dressed and setting up their houses and accessories. But then, we'd get everything set up....and just stop. We wouldn't want to act out their lives. All we wanted to do was dress them up and put them in their surroundings. (it's no wonder I love fashion and interior design)  

How I played with Barbies is kind of how I've blogged in the past. I would spend forever "dressing up" my blog, but then never do anything else with it. 

This is a new day.  (or so I hope) 

I have so many thoughts and ideas floating around my head, and I love reading other people's blogs. So, I might as well push myself into making one and actually posting in it. 
I don't really expect anybody to read this blog, and if you do read it, don't expect anything amazing from it. Haha. 

Huge thanks to Erika Aileen for inspiring me to blog again. I love you more than words can describe.

2 comments:

I AM THE FIRST PERSON TO COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG!!! :D

barbies are indeed only fun for dressing up.

hey, this makes me think...we should set up a "blogging accountability" thing between us. making sure we do at least 3 posts a week or something =)

I WAS IN YOUR BLOG POST!!!
I feel so honored.
And what's this about not being a good writer. You're great!