Photobucket

31 March 2011

proving myself + shining lights

A few weeks ago I found out that I didn't get a summer job I had applied for. It would've been an amazing experience, and at the time, I was pretty disappointed about not getting it. 



Yes, it would've been wonderful, but I'm adopting the true (although cliche) viewpoint that it's just not what God wants for me and that something better will come around. 


Recently so many doors have closed for me. It's discouraging and it makes me feel like I'm not good enough. Of course, this is just my insecurities speaking. Interestingly enough though, it's not because I worry about what other people think. It's more that I feel the need to prove to MYSELF that I'm capable of doing something. 


But, in the midst of closed doors and disappointments, small lights have been shining. 
Whether it's encouragement of friends, or an upcoming photography internship...God is showing me that, oh...I don't have it that badly, and should stop complaining. 


Two songs to leave ya'll with. 





I downloaded this song for free on NoiseTrade.com yesterday, and I've been listening to it all day. 



And of course, since I said "shining lights", I just had to include this song. I actually really like this music video too...usually music videos are awful, but I like this one. :) 

0 comments: